ODINT--Ai-Logo-white (1)

3 Types of Singapore Construction Services Licenses and Permits: Various Classes & Fees

If you’re keen on cashing in on the Singapore Construction Services Licenses and Permits & looking toward starting your construction firm, it is necessary for you to get a few Singapore Construction Services Licenses and permits first.



Table of Contents

Singapore Construction Services

Singapore Construction Services Licenses and Permits

Construction has provided a steady stream of income over the last several years in Singapore. Due to the growth of public transportation, business centers homes, and other areas – the demand for construction has seen any signs of slowing soon.

If you’re keen on cashing in on the Singapore Construction Services Licenses and Permits & looking toward starting your construction firm, it is necessary for you to get a few Singapore Construction Services Licenses and permits first. Now Let’s see what are they.

Types of Singapore Construction Services Licenses and Permits

General Builders License

The license can be split into two distinct classes:-

  • Class 1

Builders are permitted to perform work on contracts of any amount. A minimum capital investment of SGD 300,000 is needed. The fee for licensing is SGD 1,800.

  • Class 2

Builders are not permitted to contract on terms of SGD six million or less. A minimum capital investment of SGD 25,000.00 is needed. The cost of licensing is SGD 1,200.

Professional Builders License

Constructors who participate in such types of workouts, as stipulated in the Building and Construction Authority (BCA): 

  • Piling works
  • Stabilization & floor assistance works
  • Site examination task
  • Structural steelwork
  • Precast concrete work
  • Post-tensioning in-situ work

This kind of license requires the Technical Controller of the company is a professional certified engineering professional in structural or civil engineering. The only caveat is that the individual has to have been certified by an entity that is on the list of institutions recognized that is approved by BCA.

The fee for licensing this type of license is SGD 1,500.

These are the conditions required for the Builders’ license.

  • Elect an Approved Person

A person who has been approved to oversee the building project

  • Elect a Technical Controller (TC)

The TC will oversee the building. Specialist builders must have either a structural or civil engineering degree from a reputable institution.

  • Minimum capital paid up (for companies only) 

Class 1 General Builder: >S$300000

Class 2 General Builder or Professional Builder: >S$25000

  • Fees for licensing (licenses have validity for three years)

Class 1 General Builder: S$1800

Class 2 General Builder: S$1200

Specialist Builder: S$1500

Professional Engineering Services License

Companies that plan to provide professional engineering services should register at the Professional Engineers Board. This license applies but is not restricted to, firms that provide the following types of services:

Construction of buildings – which includes renovations and structural repairs

  • Building finishing, including woodwork and glass
  • Structural installation – which includes electrical work automation and plumbing systems for security and more.
  • The construction of major thoroughfares bridges, thoroughfares, and similar
  • The construction of power lines and gas lines, as well as drainage and sewer systems
  • Construction equipment leasing rental equipment
  • Similar activities

To be eligible for the license, the majority of the directors of the company must be certified professional engineers. The director of the board must also be an engaged engineer and possess a valid license. The company must also possess an equity capital that is paid up that is at a minimum of SGD 500 000.

Apart from being bound by the Articles of Association stating where directors’ names are listed as engineers as well as the capital that has been paid up the business must acquire a professional Liability assurance policy. The proof of the policy must include the policy number.

This Professional Engineering Services License is valid for one year. It is required to renew at least two months before expiry. The application fee is SGD 300. Also, you can make an application for the licenses through eBACS.

Different kinds of licenses could also apply to your construction company, however, they are more specific to each type of business you might require to participate in. Examples of these specific permits are:

  • License to Operate Scheduled Premises

This applies to firms that are operations could cause serious pollution of the environment or involve hazardous waste. The authority is the National Environment Authority.

  • Authorize for Road Occupation Management
  • Telecommunications Wiring Contractor’s License

Hiring foreign workers

To employ abroad workers you need to contact the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) to request the proper job licenses.

Company Setup

Book free end-to-end experts consultation with Odint company formation experts



If you are planning to start your construction firm in Singapore, you need to be much more precise with the Singapore construction services licenses and permits.

However, Odint Consultancy professional can assist you in getting your Singapore construction services licenses and permits for your new firm. Just getting in touch with our executive to know more about this.


A special license is granted for a joint-venture consortium, international contractor, or project owner that permits the licensee to participate only in the building of a particular undertaking or project.

Be sure to follow the ‘naming rules Follow the ‘naming rules’ and register your business address with ACRA. Incorporate documents must be submitted, i.e., Articles and Memorandum of Organization Directors’ and shareholder Information, etc.

The most commonly used documents required to be used in Construction Tenders and Contracts include:

  • COID Registration & Letter of Good Standing
  • VAT Registration.
  • B-BBEE Affidavit or BEE Certificate.
  • CIDB (Construction Industry Development Board)
  • NHBRC Registration.
  • MBSA Membership

Republic Act No. 4566 also referred to as the Contractor’s License Law

Looking for an Expert Guidance?

Get 30 minutes of free consultation with our company formation experts!

Will help you to setup your company anywhere in the world

Get Dedicated company formation consultant

End-to-end management and consulting


Share to...