Link Aadhaar with EPFO in India 2022
Workers can use the Workers’ Provident Association to connect their Aadhaar to their Universal Account Number. Both offline and digital, Aadhaar may be connected to an EPF account. According to EPFO, workers must connect their UAN with Aadhaar in order to maintain claiming benefits and accessibility to EPF. It has enabled all Indian staff to access their PF accounts over the internet. They may connect their Aadhaar to their EPF account by visiting the EPFO portal, attending a regional EPFO branch, or using the UMANG application.
Link Aadhaar with EPFO Procedure - Offline
The user must be physically available at any EPFO location or Common Service Centre to connect their Aadhaar with their EPF account face-to-face.
The Employee Provident Fund (EPF) has produced an Aadhaar Connecting Program, which an individual must fill with his UAN and Aadhaar card, as well as other critical data. Self-identity documents of the employee’s UAN, PAN, and Aadhaar must be submitted with this document. EPFO regional offices must receive these papers.
The following method can be done in some simple steps:
- At an EPFO branch, complete the Aadhaar application process.
- Fill out the Aadhaar number and UAN details with caution.
- Submit the application and attach documents of your PAN, UAN, and Aadhaar card that has been self-identified.
- After approval, your Aadhaar details will be linked to your EPF account.
- For this, you will receive a notice on your associated mobile number.
The Aadhaar number will be linked to the EPF account after the authentication process is finished. Following that, the individual will get a text or email to his registered mobile number.
Read More: Guide to check your EPFO claim status
Link Aadhaar with EPFO Procedure - Online
The Employees’ Pension Scheme Organization offers the web as a mechanism for connecting your Aadhaar with your PF through their platform’s Uniform Interface of Workers’ Pension Scheme.
To attach your PF to your Aadhaar card, take the following reasonable steps:
- Check the Workers’ Provident Firm’s integrated login website.
- Underneath the ‘For Workers’ page, click the ‘UAN Membership e-Sewa’ option.
- Use your UAN username and passcode to sign in.
- Choose the ‘KYC’ button underneath the ‘Setup’ page.
- It will send you to a webpage where you may upload various documents to associate with your EPF account.
- Select the option ‘Aadhaar’ from the drop-down column.
- Fill up your profile and Aadhaar card details accurately, then hit “Submit.”
- Your Aadhaar details will then be validated against the UIDAI database.
- The EPF profile is connected to the Aadhaar card when the company in India and UIDAI successfully approve the verification paperwork.
- You may verify the progress by looking for the word ‘Approved’ next to your card details.
Book free end-to-end experts consultation with Odint finance and legal experts
Advantages of Linking Aadhaar with EPFO
- An individual worker can link a unique EPF or UAN account to an Aadhaar card.
- Since your Aadhaar card has all of your fingerprints and demographic statistics, linking it to your EPF account makes it simple to validate your details.
- The Aadhaar Card provides critical information about one’s identity; linking it to an EPF account reduces the risk of EPF difficulties, and the UAN (Universal Account Number) avoids account duplication.
- Once connected, a user can pull out money without their company’s permission.
- There are fewer mistakes since your data is accurate across enterprises.
- Individuals who link their Aadhaar numbers to their UAN numbers can keep records of different member IDs.
- Connecting your EPF account to your Aadhaar number will help you get your request settled faster.
Adding an additional 12-digit Aadhaar number to your Employees’ provident Income account has several perks, particularly for individuals who want to withdraw the money from their pension scheme. A PF plan, also known as a pension scheme, is a retirement savings plan in which both the management and the staff participate in a capital fund that the worker earns in their retirement. The EPF account is identified by a Universal Account Number (UAN). According to EPFO standards, workers must attach their Aadhaar number to their Universal Account Number (UAN).
Your company would be unable to submit your monthly payment if your UAN is not connected to your Aadhaar card.
Even while it is a piece of excellent news for EPF members that they may now obtain a UAN number without providing Aadhaar data, companies will not be able to provide UAN numbers to workers who do not have an Aadhaar number or enrolment id.
Sandeepan has great experience in business consulting and management, Sandeepan provides insightful resources in Company Formation, Business Expansion, and related areas.